SNL 40

Friday, February 13, 2015

This weekend marks the 40th Anniversary of Saturday Night Live and to celebrate the occasion NBC has star-studded show that is taking place on Sunday night. Though "Live from New York, it's Sunday Night!" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Though few details have been revealed, the announced line up for the event sounds great, so I'm eager to see what they have planned. I know the past few seasons have been a little rough, but we still record all the new SNL episodes. I'm fairly certain my husband has seen every single episode since about 1989.

To celebrate I thought I'd share a few of my favorite moments from the show. And yes, I know they all pretty much involve Tina Fey or Amy Poehler. I make no excuses for my love for Amy and Tina!


REALLY? with Seth and Amy: Birth Control
Preach on, sister!

I wanted to include the Hilary Clinton Bitch is the New Black Weekend Update bit, but wasn't able to find any videos that I was able to share. I loved it so much I even owned the Bitch is the New Black Hllary '08 Tshirt. So instead, I'll share another great video from around that time.


I know that actors aren't supposed to "break" on live TV, but when it happened in this sketch the result was hysterical. This might be the SNL sketch that made me laugh the hardest. If you're ever having a bad day this clip is guaranteed to make you laugh.



My favorite recurring character is definitely Stefon. I had a hard time picking just one Stefon clip, so I decided to include the last Stefon from when Bill Hader left the show. If they made a Stefon movie I'd be there opening night.

I'm excited to see what's in store on Sunday night. Hopefully it won't be just a clip show! And here's hoping Stefon is the red carpet correspondent! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!