Friday String of Thoughts

Friday, February 20, 2015

Today Kurt Cobain would have turned 48. That just seems crazy to me. While Kurt obviously died too young I can't imagine what he would be like as a nearly 50 year old man. (Though the words "hot mess" come to mind.) Happy Birthday, Kurt, we miss you! Enjoy this performance from Unplugged while I go and try to find my old flannels.

 

Speaking of Nirvana, has anyone been watching the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways series on HBO? If you haven't, I'd definitely check out the Seattle episode, it's pretty great.


While we are on the topic of music, is there a song you really loathe? Like it actually makes you angry when it comes on the radio. That current song for me is Bruno Mars "Uptown Funk". I know it's crazy, but that song makes me irrationally angry. I HATE IT! I can't change the station fast enough when it comes on.


Another thing that makes me irrationally angry is people who back into parking spots. I have a working theory that people who back into parking spots on a regular basis are all assholes. Think about it, is there someone at your office who always backs into their spot? I'm willing to bet it's the person in your office that everyone hates. (This is 100% true at my office.) "No, please, go on. The rest of us will all wait to pass until you take your third attempt at backing into that spot."



And finally, because it's Friday and cocktails are in order, here's a picture of my bar cart. I've been slowly trying to put it together and it's finally coming along. Though I think there might be too much booze on the bottom. Perhaps fewer bottles might look better. Maybe replace a couple of the bottles with a decanter. Thoughts?

This is a pretty crappy picture. I should have taken some close ups. A photographer I am not. 

Those are all the thoughts I have today. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. It's a bar cart - never too much booze! I saw a super cute blue and gold bowl the other day and almost bought it for your bar cart. Anthro I think? I haven't seen the chalkboard you got for the wall - love it!

    I hate any and all songs by Shania Twain, no clue why. Nothing personal, Shania. I hate that song Butterfly Kisses. Anything by Train makes me want to cut off my own ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bar cart looks great. I don't think you should remove anything! I also think you should spend good $ on a decanter if you drink a lot of wine, and you don't really so I say looks great as is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I back into my spot at work but ONLY at work. And I pull in at 4am ... when no one else is coming or going. So I get an asshole pass right?

    LOVE the cart!!!! Post more pics of your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...I guess you get a pass since you don't block the road for everyone else while you back in.

      Delete